Arizona Valley Wide Services
Family Owned and Operated
Job Done Right Guarantee
Over 35 Years Experience
Since 1982 Mountain AC Inc has been meeting the Phoenix air conditioning needs of residences and businesses throughout the Metro area. We understand that everyone’s needs and ideas of air conditioning comfort are unique. That’s why we offer you many choices from the most trusted names in the industry. We think you deserve the best the air conditioning industry has to offer. So call Mountain AC for all your Indoor Air Comfort Solutions.
GET A QUOTE
HEATING & COOLING FAQ
The operation of your air-conditioning system is controlled by the indoor thermostat
Simply adjust the thermostat and it will maintain the indoor temperature at the level you select.
- When operating in the cooling cycle, your air conditioner will run until the indoor temperature is lowered to the level you have selected.
- On extremely hot days, your air conditioning will run for longer periods at a time and have shorter “off” periods than on moderate days.
- Average recommended settings are 78 degrees Fahrenheit for cooling and 68 degrees for heating.
Adverse effects on the cost of running your air conditioning system
There are many conditions that add extra heat and/or humidity to your home and, thereby, affect the cost of operating your air-conditioning. Your unit will work longer and cost more to keep you comfortable under these conditions.
- Entrance doors are frequently opened and closed
- Laundry appliances are being operated
- The shower is running
- More than the usual number of people are present in the home
- More than the usual number of electric lights are in use
- Drapes or blinds are kept open on the sunny side of the house
Handy, cost-effective tips
There are ways to help cut costs and help your unit run more efficiently.
- Inspection and cleaning of the blower wheel, housing and motor
- Inspection and, if required, cleaning of indoor and outdoor coils
- Inspection of the indoor drain pan, plus the primary and secondary drain lines.
- A check of all electrical wiring and connections
- A check for secure physical connections of individual components within units
- Operational check of the air conditioning system to determine actual working condition
- Any necessary repairs or adjustments should be performed at the time they are found.
Before you request a service call
Before you call for service, you may be able to save time and money by checking for these easily solved problems
- Check the indoor and outdoor disconnect switches. Verify that the circuit breakers are in the ON position and make sure the fuses have not blown.
- Check for sufficient air flow by checking the air filter for any accumulation of dirt. Check for blocked return air or supply air grilles and be sure grilles are open and unobstructed.
- Check the settings on your indoor thermostat. If you desire cooling, be sure the temperature control selector is set below room temperature and the system switch is in the COOL or AUTO position.
If you require warmth, be sure the temperature control selector is set above room temperature and the system is set on HEAT or AUTO.
The FAN switch should be set ON for continuous blower operation or AUTO if you want the blower to function only while the unit is operating.
DID YOU KNOW?
The dust and lint that builds up in vents over time can actually cause bathroom fans to catch fire. Since this is one of the leading causes in house fires, we recommend a house that is 10 years or older has its vents thoroughly cleaned.
What People Say About Us
Outstanding. Had a new system installed with these guys and we are very happy. We will be recommending them to all our friends. Thank You!
Thanks to Nick and his team for coming out so quickly to solve our a/c problems. Now that it’s getting hot we noticed right away there was a problem and Mountain AC fixed our issue within the estimate received. We’ll definitely have them back!
These guys are great! Very reasonable and accommodating. We will be using them again.
Hats of to Nick for fitting me in on a busy day. He was able to come out to my place and fix my AC unit that stopped blowing cold air. He had the part on him and was able to fix it in less than 30 minutes.
I had three A/C companies provide estimates. Nick at Mountain A/C was clearly the most knowledgeable and helpful. He pointed out a few simple improvements that my duct system needed. The other guys completely neglected these items. Now my system runs substantially quieter and more efficiently. Mountain A/C was still less money than two of the other companies, even with improvements. Essentially we got more work done for less money. I couldn’t be happier. I highly recommend Mountain A/C.
Air Conditioning and Heating Service
For People Who Demand The Best Customer Service